JM&C’s collection of equipment is available to Journalism, Media & Computing students to create digital media. Check out lasts for three days, and records are kept electronically through a card-accessed web site.
Although we supply the equipment, students must supply their own media.
It is recommended all students keep at least one 8-16GB class 6 SD card.
- Canon DSLRs with wide-angle and telephoto high-speed professional lenses
- Canon T3I and T4I cameras
- Digital audio recorders
- Wireless lavalier microphones
- Shotgun microphones
- Boom microphones
- Panasonic HMC150 HD Digital Video Camera kit (microphones, case, card reader, etc)
- Canon Vixia HD backback kits (microphones, card readers, tripods, batteries, etc)
- Tripods and dollies
- Photography lights and strobes
- Video light kits
JM&C Equipment check out
- JM&C equipment is available to JM&C students for projects and class assignments with student ID.
- Check in/Check out is Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Be aware sometimes assistants are gone for lunch or might need to step out for a few minutes. Be patient and check back if no one is there during these times. You may schedule a specific check-in/check out time in the office.
- The maximum length for check out is three days/two nights. Late items will affect your grade, similar to attendance policies.
- Some advanced equipment is by “faculty check-out ONLY.” Please check with your professor and plan accordingly. Only students trained on advanced equipment will be allowed to use that equipment. Repeat offenses of policies may mean you are not allowed to check out certain equipment.
- Equipment will never be checked out to any non–Creighton employee or non-JM&C student at any time.
- You must check in your equipment and are responsible for it until your name is cleared from the database. Never leave equipment with a professor, other student, or drop off unattended.
- If an item is missing at check in the equipment will stay under your name until all items are returned. A history is recorded for each camera and the most recent name will be responsible for any missing or damaged items.
- Damage to the equipment or any missing pieces are the responsibility of the student it’s checked out to.
- Never keep equipment in your car, including the trunk. The cold or hot weather will damage equipment and you will be responsible for damages, repairs or replacements.
- Students must provide their own SD Cards and microphone batteries.
- Keep bags neatly organized. Charge batteries before returning. Video cameras: tripod bags should be connected to the backpack. Tripod connector should NOT be left on the camera. All items in their labeled pocket. Be respectful to your classmates who use the equipment after you.